Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Authentically Authentic...


So I've been thinking about myself a lot lately. Well, in a good way. I've been thinking about who the heck I am. Often times a lot of other stuff gets in the way of the answer to that question like wondering what other people think about me or what I spend my time doing or doing what I think will make me happy. Shakespeare teaches us, "To thine own self be true." At the center of it all is the core of who I am: just me. Fabulous, hilarious, darling, screwed-up me. The girl who loves to dance and sing at the most inappropriate moments. The girl who laughs and giggles, mostly at her own jokes. The girl who dreams so big that they sometimes can't all fit under the same roof. The girl who is a daughter of God. It's seeing others as they are and not what we expect them to be and then doing the same for ourselves. While every day I seem to learn more and more of who I am, I'm happy to have arrived at where I'm at. As one of my favorite writers, Anne Lammott says, "To love yourself as you are is a miracle, and to seek yourself is to have found yourself, for now. And now is all we have, and love is who we are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...