Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sneek Peek: Ensign Magazine

Last Friday I had the most amazing opportunity to attend a monthly meeting with all those involved in the Ensign, New Era, Friend, and Liahona magazines. My bishop Mike Madsen had invited me to attend the meeting that he was conducting and asked if I might be willing to be the musical number. After I sang, Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi of the Quorum of the Seventy spoke and bore his sweet and tender testimony of the Savior. Needless to say, I was moved to tears by his powerful words. Afterwords, my institute teacher took my mom, my sister, and I on a sneak peek of what goes on behind the scenes at the Ensign. Very cool. They are currently working on the Christmas issue, so while we're all waiting on Summer, they are in a wintry, festive mood. It was contagious.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Mike Madsen was your bishop! Tell him hi for me. He might not remember me now, but I sat right by him when I was an intern for the Friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! haha small world. I will have to let him know. That's so funny. And who could forget you, my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...