Thursday, September 1, 2011

Falling

Ok...so it's finally September 1st. Funny how time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was supporting the local kiddie business with their lemonade stand and scarfing down snow cones (always Tiger's Blood with Vanilla ice cream on the bottom). This morning I enthusiastically donned my sweater and boots, only to realize later today that 24 hours doesn't magically turn the air from 80 to 55 degrees. My mistake. I just love the Fall so much. really. It's my favorite, as a matter of fact. For example, I've been done with school for two years now, but whenever I see those fresh shipments of school supplies, I still get happy little heart palpitations. And even though we have a good 23 days until it's official, I'm ready to dive head first into a pile of leaves.

Bring on the oranges, reds and yellows. Bring on the pumpkins and harvests and hay bails. Bring on the turkeys, full moons, and a fresh box of crayons. I'm so ready.

"Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive Autumns." ~ George Elliot

2 comments:

  1. LOVE <3 Only thing you have to add to this list is apple cider :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! So true...and I forgot FOOTBALL!!! Shame on me...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...