Sunday, December 25, 2011

Drop the 'Mas'

Every Christmas season, I am again reminded of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.  As I have pondered on my Savior's life and mission, I am filled with awe and wonder.  I feel as I can only imagine the shepherds felt that silent night, with beating heart, a witness to the angel singing glad tidings of great joy.  Gordon B. Hinkley said, "He was and is the great central figure of human history, the zenith of the times and seasons of all men."


The spirit of Christmas can be much better described in dropping the last syllable...the spirit of Christ.  We can feel the spirit of Christ as we offer Him our gift of a broken heart and a contrite spirit and do as He would do.  His spirit has the power to change hearts and forever fill our hearts with love.  As it says in one of my favorite Christmas carols, Joy to the World, "Let every heart, prepare Him room."
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...