Friday, May 11, 2012

Quarter-of-a-Century

May 9, 1987 marks the day that I was...well...birthed.  And, I've managed to stay alive these 25 years.  I'm not gonna lie, as I was going through the beautification process Wednesday morning, I managed to get a little teary eyed reflecting on my past.  Every birthday is a little surreal, especially this one.  Maybe it's because when I was younger, I'd picture myself at the age that I thought I'd finally "arrive", and 25 was it.  And here I am.  All dressed up and no place to go.  But hey...25 presents itself with a whole new set of exciting possibilities.  What will this new year bring?  Where will I be on my next birthday?  It's all up in the air...and I'm excited to see where the feather falls.
(Snickerdoodle and cake courtesy of fantastically caring Sundance friends)



3 comments:

  1. I just love you. And all your awesomeness. Let's be friends forever, okay? Hope you had a wonderful commemoration of your birth. And even though you may not have any place to go, I think you look great "dressed up." I'd love to be you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! Don't worry, though, because I have found that people who tend to be more real never really arrive--they just kind of do it in bits and pieces--more like breezing through until they get to their Ultimate Destination, which isn't here anyway. :) When you are a breezing through type person, you always tend to look like you really have just arrived and tend to stay young forever. You are just such a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't 25 WEIRD? I feel the same way. 24 wasn't such a crisis, but I feel like I should BE somewhere at 25. You look beautiful, though, and I'm glad it was a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...